Making Of New Album - Episode 7:Almost There

12.11.2014.



     Get ready for the release of our seventh album trailer. In this episode we recap the summer and recording main parts of the new album at our summer camp.

     Commented keyboard player and main songwriter Tuomas Holopainen: "We are actually ahead of our schedule. Incredibly, Floor has sung about two songs a day. Marco cut the final bass parts in 1.5 days and Emppudid the rhythm guitars in a week. I think it was because everything was so well-rehearsed this time. We’ve tried to work more like a band."

     Added vocalist Floor Jansen: "Tuomas challenged me, using everything I have to offer. High, low, soft, whatever, but definitely lower stuff and very soft and intimate things. Something that more by coincidence was something that I kind of missed doing. Something I haven’t explored much and Tuomas wrote parts where I have to use this completely, where I have to go into it entirely. I’m very happy with what came out there."